The Marjorie F. Rowntree Fund, together with the Chester Rowntree Fund, offers an amount not to exceed $30,000 annually for research that explores, draws together, and reflects on fresh expressions of The United Church of Canada in our changing social context.
Applications will be based on existing and innovative expressions in ministry in either an operative or design stage. This ministry must contribute to an understanding of the church transformed for more effective and faithful ministry in the changing social context of Canada, including the focus on intercultural ministry. The grant will provide opportunities to an individual (or individuals) in a leadership and design role in this ministry to undertake focused writing time, travel, and consultation, leading to a written report.
The successful project will:
· focus on research that explores ministry models and innovations that provide imaginative resources for the United Church and United Church ministries to more richly engage God’s mission in the world.
· explore emerging practice as well as current writing in their area of focus.
· include contexts of new ministry development, ministry renewal/re-development, new forms of ministry partnership.
· make connections between the area of exploration and the United Church context and outline potential implications for United Church ministries, polity, and practice.
· potentially include hands-on experimentation (creation of new ministries or experimenting with new models in existing ministries).
Successful applicants must submit a written report of their findings.
The Rowntree Scholarship Fund will assist the United Church of Canada in benefiting from research that explores and draws out implications from the experiences of ministers and ministries that will help the church of the future effectively minister within the new and emerging Canadian reality. Grants will be made in support of individuals working in United Church–related institutions.
For assistance please visit the website: www.unitedchurchfoundation.ca/grants/seeds-of-hope/